From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 20:55:45
1 Dnia 2014-08-01, o godz. 05:31:40
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Dnia 2014-07-31, o godz. 22:17:59
6 > > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> napisał(a):
7 > >
8 > >> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
9 > >> >
10 > >> > Yes, exactly. We need to get dynamic-deps right if they are ever
11 > >> > supposed to become the default. That's one of the reasons that we want
12 > >> > to revert the problematic changes and make Portage use the default
13 > >> > model once again.
14 > >>
15 > >> Do we actually have some kind of list of issues with dynamic deps?
16 > >> The only specific one that I think I've seen is with prerm and subslot
17 > >> deps, but as was pointed out that issue actually is as much of a
18 > >> problem with static deps unless you unmerge all the reverse-deps
19 > >> before upgrading anything, followed by a re-merge.
20 > >
21 > > I already listed the major issues in my second reply to Michael. And I
22 > > forgot about prerm() again, thanks for adding it :).
23 >
24 > Any chance of a link? I'm honestly not finding this list in my list
25 > history, and a search on gmane for kensington with your from address
26 > only comes up with one email in the last few weeks - the one I replied
27 > to.
28 >
29 > Is it possible you're referring to a private email, or some list not on gmane?
30
31 We're sorry about it, it seems that neither of us have noticed that
32 the mails started going off the list. They have been re-sent now.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny