From: Ann <cyber+gentoo@×××××.in>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Switching Gentoo over to Discourse?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 17:34:19
1 On 2022-07-26 00:52, Conrad Kostecki wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Am 25.07.2022 um 08:38 schrieb Michał Górny:
5 > > Hi,
6 > >
7 > > Discourse [1] is what all cool kids these days use. LLVM has switched
8 > > to it some time ago, Python is doing so now after "successful
9 > > experiment". Unlike of the ancient stuff Gentoo is using right now,
10 > > it's maintained and has thriving and helpful community. How about we
11 > > start our own experiment on using it?
12 >
13 > I personal absolutely do not like Discourse. It has an extremely poor
14 > user experience for me.
15 >
16 > But I guess, I am just an old men, who prefers good old forum software.
17
18 Here's the list of things people use to run online forums (from oldest
19 to newest):
20
21 1. Usenet and Fido
22 2. Mailing lists