From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Is an umbrella organization a good choice for Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 19:04:59
1 Am Mittwoch, 26. August 2020, 21:27:56 EEST schrieb Matthew Thode:
2 > On 20-08-26 21:23:41, Andreas K. Hüttel wrote:
3 > > https://blogs.gentoo.org/mgorny/2020/08/25/is-an-umbrella-organization-a-g
4 > > ood-choice-for-gentoo/
5 > >
6 > > While I'm not the author, I think it's an excellent writeup.
7 >
8 > Yep, looked good. The one thing I'd like to see it compared to is
9 > re-incororation as a non-profit (which may be a requirement to be
10 > absorbed under an umbrella org anyway).
11
12 If it's just about being absorbed, well, giving away assets is easier for a
13 corporation than for a non-profit.
14
15 I personally suspect re-incororation as a non-profit will in that case a) cost
16 us unnecessary time and money, and b) potentially make our life harder once we
17 finally get rid of the foundation.
20 Andreas K. Hüttel
21 dilfridge@g.o
22 Gentoo Linux developer
23 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)