From: "Robert Günzler" <robert@××××××.io>
To: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>, gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 09:39:10
1 On Sun Jun 7, 2020 at 11:15 PM CEST, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2 > In the end, we are *all* trying to make Gentoo better, right? I am
3 > thankful of every contribution, and this mailing list is low traffic at
4 > the moment. If Github is not an option, please don't let that stop you
5 > from contributing. You can of course send git-format patches directly to
6 > proxy-maint@g.o, too.
7
8 This 100%! To me that also includes not making the maintainers life
9 harder though...
10
11 > But I'm still interested about the discussion _why_ Github doesn't work
12 > for everyone. We can maybe find some new ideas or new ways, when we are
13 > aware of all the problems.
14
15 I honestly think it doesn't matter so much _why_ people prefer something else
16 over GH. How much are you considering to switch to yet another
17 solution after all...
18 And I bet even that wouldn't make everybody happy :P
19
20 I'm fairly new to Gentoo, so I'm actually confused that https://packages.gentoo.org
21 always links to https://cgit.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git - I thought that
22 is the "source-of-truth" place then... but patches are going into the GH
23 repo. Who is actually sycing all that back to cgit then?
24
25 Maybe a solution would be to make the review + dev workflows
26 independent of the git solution?
29 you described your workflow:
30