From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Maintenance of libflatarray and libgeodecomp
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 14:27:42
1 On 1/26/20 11:41 AM, Kurt Kanzenbach wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > it seems like both, libflatarray [1] and libgeodecomp [2], are currently
5 > unmaintained. I'd like to maintain them.
6 >
7 > Is that possible? If so, what's the procedure?
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 > Kurt
11 >
12 > [1] - https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/dev-libs/libflatarray
13 > [2] - https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sci-libs/libgeodecomp
14
15 Hey,
16
17 I see you filed pull requests for both of them already, so let's
18 continue there. But to answer anyone stumbling to this thread having
19 same questions, I'm going to paste the links I previously did:
22 Please check our documents on this subject.
23
24 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide
25
26 especially parts,
27
28 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide#How_to_become_a_proxied_maintainer
29
30 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide#Proxied_maintainer_in_metadata.xml
31
32 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide#How_to_submit_package_updates
33
34 and
35
36 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_GitHub
37
38 And remember,
39
40 https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0076.html#certificate-of-origin
43 It's a lot of information to take in the first time, but once you get
44 used to the 'flow' and setup your configuration of gentoo mirror, the
45 overall process will become a lot faster and making a PR takes less than
46 a minute.
47
48 Ask if still unsure after familiarizing yourself with the common docs.
49
50 -- juippis