From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 23:46:06
1 I know the Proxy Maintainer User Guide mentions mailing list patches as
2 a permissible alternative to GitHub pull requests. I also know that I
3 can locally discard these patches silently.
4
5 Still, I wonder why patches are posted here instead of using GitHub,
6 because there is no public review process going on. To me, email-based
7 patches on the Gentoo Proxy Maintainer mailing list are at best mildly
8 annoying, and at worst an attempt at jumping the queue, i.e. to get
9 one's changes processed faster than those made through GitHub. They
10 also, in my perception, have a smell of "ooh, look at me, I am working"
11 about them.
12
13 Thoughts?
14