From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 07:01:54
1 On 6/7/20 2:45 AM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 > Still, I wonder why patches are posted here instead of using GitHub,
3 > because there is no public review process going on. To me, email-based
4 > patches on the Gentoo Proxy Maintainer mailing list are at best mildly
5 > annoying, and at worst an attempt at jumping the queue, i.e. to get
6 > one's changes processed faster than those made through GitHub. They
7 > also, in my perception, have a smell of "ooh, look at me, I am working"
8 > about them.
9
10 I also wonder that. Especially when I know some of the contributors DO
11 use Github. If you've read this list, you know my feelings about this
12 subject.
13
14 The automated CI check is a huge plus for both parties, and when I think
15 about it, the time spent should be rather equal whether you choose
16 git-send-email or git push. But the review and the 'fixing' part is
17 definitely cleaner with git push.
18
19 Now to your last sentence, I don't believe it's a matter of "attention
20 seeking", but more some disgust towards Github. But I'd also like hear
21 what's this all about. Would Gitlab be better than Github due to principles?
22
23 -- juippis