From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 17:36:14
1 * Joonas Niilola:
2
3 > I don't believe it's a matter of "attention seeking", but more some
4 > disgust towards Github.
5
6 Possible, but I am not so sure. ;-)
7
8 > But I'd also like hear what's this all about. Would Gitlab be better
9 > than Github due to principles?
10
11 I just checked my projects, and found Git remotes for bitbucket.org,
12 gitlab.com, github.com, a couple of self-hosted GitLab instances
13 (including my company's own). From a contributor's perspective, they
14 differ very little. The collaboration aspects are also similar enough.
15 I should mention that there are also Gitolite-based remotes, but the
16 ones I use are pure storage and don't offer any collaboration tools.
17
18 I find the main differences in CI/CD, and that's where organisations
19 seem to make their choices when they are not self-hosting.
20
21 -Ralph