From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>, gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Re: Proxied maintainers, please ping us if your PRs are not marked correctly
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 20:04:21
1 On Fri, 2019-07-05 at 22:21 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 05/07/2019 21:09, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > Just a quick note: when you submit updates to packages you maintain
4 > > already, the relevant PRs should be marked 'self maintained'.
5 >
6 > What about PRs for proxy-maint packages that are not maintained by the
7 > person doing the PR? I sometimes find that a proxied maintainer is very
8 > slow in fixing bugs (if at all) so I do a PR. This is obviously going to
9 > lack the "self maintained" label. Should we still ping?
10
11 Yes, please keep pinging us if either:
12
13 a. the maintainer approved the changes,
14
15 b. the maintainer doesn't reply in reasonable time (say, 2 weeks).
16
17 > (And I assume that the PR's assignment list contains
18 > "@gentoo/proxy-maint" it's enough to just post a "ping" without using a
19 > "@" explicitly?)
20
21 Yes, and please include a clear message why you're pinging, so that we
22 can distinguish 'nobody touched this yet' pings from 'I did all that was
23 asked from me, and the reviewer disappeared'.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny