From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Looking for systemd user to help with testing an ebuild
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 12:32:44
1 Am Sonntag, 21. April 2019, 12:45:08 CEST schrieb Ralph Seichter:
2 > Hello.
3 >
4 > Pull request https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/11742 addresses
5 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/606978 , but neither Michael or I have a systemd
6 > based Gentoo installation for testing.
7 >
8 > We think that the updated ebuild should work out-of-the-box when the
9 > directions provided with the sample config are followed. This is not
10 > about testing the milter functionality itself, just to verify that the
11 > necessary directories are created with systemd (/var/lib/opendkim and
12 > /run/opendkim), have the proper permissions, and that the daemon is
13 > launched, both with an inet: and local: type socket.
14 >
15 > I have tested our OpenRC changes contained in the same PR with various
16 > different settings and don't expect trouble, but I simply don't have
17 > access to a systemd based machine, so I'd appreciate help. Thanks!
18 >
19 > -Ralph
20
21 You could always set up a container image based on a systemd stage 3 tarball.
22 I'd recommend using containers anyway (if you don't already) in order test in
23 a completely separate environment (and to not contaminate your main system).
26 Marc Joliet
27 --
28 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
29 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup