From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
Cc: Amy Winston <amynka@g.o>, gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] [RFC] Avoid spam
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 18:28:38
1 On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 19:43:45 +0200
2 Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 06/19/2016 07:38 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > I understand that the maintainer bugs are supposed to be much like
6 > > developer bugs. However, I would like to point out that developer bugs
7 > > are mostly supposed to handle two big deals -- recruitment
8 > > and retirement, while maintainer bugs look like they are supposed to
9 > > track every move of the proxied maintainer.
10 > >
11 > > To find packages maintained by a maintainer we can look metadata.xml
12 > > files up. To find changes we can look git up / archives / specific
13 > > bugs. Why do we need all the extra structure, except for the common
14 > > idea of 'it looks more pro'?
15 >
16 > There are also cases of maintainers changing email addresses in
17 > bugzilla, making the metadata entry erroneous. For gentoo developers we
18 > have centralized records in ldap, for proxied maintainers we need to
19 > replicate some structure in bugzilla. In particular since proxied
20 > maintainers are otherwise spread out and unstructured, we need to
21 > enforce the structure in the project.
22
23 Keeping track of e-mail changes is a matter of one bug, with one
24 comment for each e-mail change. Not 20 bugs with 80 bugspam links.
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny
29 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>