From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>, gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] unmasking python-3.3
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:25:06
1 On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:34 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >>> Arfrever brought up a good point: we should adjust the default value
4 >>> of PYTHON_TARGETS as specified in the base profile. I think we will
5 >>> need to include both python3_2 and python3_3 until dev-lang/python-3.3
6 >>> has been stabilized on relevant archs.
7 >>
8 >> We shouldn't have two versions of Python 3 enabled by default. This
9 >> will result in packages supporting only one of them to push
10 >> REQUIRED_USE on users.
11 >
12 > Yeah, holding off on adding python3_3 to the default TARGETS until
13 > it's been stabilized (and then replacing 3.2 so we keep having only
14 > one 3.x in there) seems better.
17 Alright. I'm sure there will be some whining about "sane defaults"
18 from somebody either way we go.
19
20 I guess it makes more sense to set defaults based on what is available
21 to the stable tree.