From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>, Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>, gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] unmasking python-3.3
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:35:05
1 On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >> Arfrever brought up a good point: we should adjust the default value
3 >> of PYTHON_TARGETS as specified in the base profile. I think we will
4 >> need to include both python3_2 and python3_3 until dev-lang/python-3.3
5 >> has been stabilized on relevant archs.
6 >
7 > We shouldn't have two versions of Python 3 enabled by default. This
8 > will result in packages supporting only one of them to push
9 > REQUIRED_USE on users.
10
11 Yeah, holding off on adding python3_3 to the default TARGETS until
12 it's been stabilized (and then replacing 3.2 so we keep having only
13 one 3.x in there) seems better.
14
15 Cheers,
16