From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o, python@g.o, hasufell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Re: USE flag dependencies on Python implementation
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 06:46:22
1 On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:42:21 +0200
2 Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > What are your opinions, ideas?
6 >
7 > Let's not solve it in the eclass, let's solve it in the implementation ebuilds.
8 >
9 > I.e. cpython, pypy, jython gets all the same flags. If an
10 > implementation unconditionally includes something that's not selected
11 > (i.e. the system has -threads for PyPy), it gets ignored. If a flag is
12 > required that the implementation doesn't support, the ebuild dies at
13 > some early stage (somewhat similar to check-reqs like things).
14 >
15 > I think you're massively overthinking this stuff.
16
17 But then you're introducing a bunch of flags which do nothing. However,
18 if you mask them in the base profile, this may actually get acceptable.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny