From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o, python@g.o, hasufell@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-python] Re: USE flag dependencies on Python implementation
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 06:42:54
1 On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > What are your opinions, ideas?
3
4 Let's not solve it in the eclass, let's solve it in the implementation ebuilds.
5
6 I.e. cpython, pypy, jython gets all the same flags. If an
7 implementation unconditionally includes something that's not selected
8 (i.e. the system has -threads for PyPy), it gets ignored. If a flag is
9 required that the implementation doesn't support, the ebuild dies at
10 some early stage (somewhat similar to check-reqs like things).
11
12 I think you're massively overthinking this stuff.
13
14 Cheers,
15
16 Dirkjan