From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>, gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Reducing exceptionality cases for PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:25:51
1 Dnia 2014-10-29, o godz. 16:21:20
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Dnia 2014-10-29, o godz. 14:39:52
6 > > Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> napisał(a):
7 > >
9 > >> Hash: SHA256
10 > >>
11 > >> On 29/10/14 02:31 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
12 > >> >
13 > >> > This is ugly.
14 > >> >
15 > >> > I was rather thinking of making all eclasses put +impl in IUSE when
16 > >> > only one implementation is supported.
17 > >> >
18 > >>
19 > >> ...how would that work? PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET as set in make.conf
20 > >> overrides the +impl in IUSE.
21 > >
22 > > Does it?
25 > Yes, it does.
26 >
27 > Personally, I would prefer to remove PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET from
28 > profiles and have all python-single-r1 ebuilds set a +impl in IUSE.
29 > Just need a reasonable algorithm for determining what that impl should
30 > be.
31
32 Indeed it does. However, profiles don't seem to affect +flag for me.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny