From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>, gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Reducing exceptionality cases for PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:21:25
1 On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Dnia 2014-10-29, o godz. 14:39:52
3 > Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
6 >> Hash: SHA256
7 >>
8 >> On 29/10/14 02:31 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
9 >> >
10 >> > This is ugly.
11 >> >
12 >> > I was rather thinking of making all eclasses put +impl in IUSE when
13 >> > only one implementation is supported.
14 >> >
15 >>
16 >> ...how would that work? PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET as set in make.conf
17 >> overrides the +impl in IUSE.
18 >
19 > Does it?
22 Yes, it does.
23
24 Personally, I would prefer to remove PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET from
25 profiles and have all python-single-r1 ebuilds set a +impl in IUSE.
26 Just need a reasonable algorithm for determining what that impl should
27 be.