From: Nikolaj Sjujskij <sterkrig@×××××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Binhost for pypy
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:30:38
1 Den 2013-02-18 23:51:40 skrev Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>:
2
3 > On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >> On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:09:40 -0500
5 >> Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> I set up a mini-binhost in my devspace so that people can more easily
8 >>> install pypy on lower-end hardware.
9 >>>
10 >>> Add one the following to your PORTAGE_BINHOST depending on your arch.
11 >>>
12 >>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~floppym/pypy/amd64/
13 >>> http://dev.gentoo.ogr/~floppym/pypy/x86/
14 >>
15 >> Did you mean: ogre?
16 >>
17 >>> You should then be able to install pypy with emerge -g.
18 >>
19 >> Hmm, if you have both amd64 & x86, I think we should really consider
20 >> deploying pypy-bin.
23 > Adding a separate pypy-bin package means we have to mess with the
24 > eclasses to get the deps right.
25 >
26 > Also I have no idea how we would deal with PYTHON_REQ_USE. Maybe
27 > use.force to implement fake use flags on pypy-bin?
28 >
29 > Overall, just reusing binpkgs seems simpler.
30
31 dev-lang/ghc has IUSE="binary" for similar purposes.
32
33 Prebuilt PyPy is great idea indeed.