From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Binhost for pypy
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:52:04
1 On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 13:09:40 -0500
3 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I set up a mini-binhost in my devspace so that people can more easily
6 >> install pypy on lower-end hardware.
7 >>
8 >> Add one the following to your PORTAGE_BINHOST depending on your arch.
9 >>
10 >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~floppym/pypy/amd64/
11 >> http://dev.gentoo.ogr/~floppym/pypy/x86/
12 >
13 > Did you mean: ogre?
14 >
15 >> You should then be able to install pypy with emerge -g.
16 >
17 > Hmm, if you have both amd64 & x86, I think we should really consider
18 > deploying pypy-bin.
21 Adding a separate pypy-bin package means we have to mess with the
22 eclasses to get the deps right.
23
24 Also I have no idea how we would deal with PYTHON_REQ_USE. Maybe
25 use.force to implement fake use flags on pypy-bin?
26
27 Overall, just reusing binpkgs seems simpler.