From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>, Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o>, Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] ALLARCHES policy for the python herd
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 14:38:05
1 On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:12 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Dnia 2015-06-22, o godz. 18:04:59
3 > Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >
5 >> Hi all:
6 >>
7 >> Just wanted to announce that I have updated the wiki with my stance on
8 >> the ALLARCHES policy as it relates to the python herd.
9 >>
10 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Python
11 >>
12 >> In summary, if you are filing a STABLEREQ for a python package that is
13 >> not platform-dependent, please add the ALLARCHES keyword so that arch
14 >> testers know they may stabilize on all arches at once.
15 >
16 > What if the package depends on platform-dependent package? Do we CC
17 > arches as soon as the dep gets arches CC-ed, or when it gets stabilized
18 > on all of them?
21 I guess don't use ALLARCHES for that case. That would only be an issue
22 when both packages have a stablereq bug open simultaneously.