From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] RFC: Redesign for 'best implementation' in python-r1
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 23:21:54
1 Dnia 2014-12-31, o godz. 11:41:45
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> napisał(a):
5 > > As for the choice within the list the algo needs to stay as-is for now.
6 > > However, in the future we could either:
7 > >
8 > > a. respect EPYTHON and fallback to the other algo,
9 > >
10 > > b. respect pre-defined order i.e. 3.4 > 2.7,
11 > >
12 > > c. respect the order in PYTHON_COMPAT -- however that could be a little
13 > > surprising to devs.
16 > > What are your thoughts?
17 >
18 > Starting/ending with EPYTHON from the environment seems wrong, and
19 > doesn't seem to add value anyway.
20 >
21 > I would prefer to stick with a predefined order unless someone can
22 > present a case where the ebuild author really needs to control it.
23
24 Well, it isn't really about the ebuild author but about the user.
25 EPYTHON idea is pretty much a reference to the python-any-r1 behavior.
26 IOW, having both eclasses use the same preference handling.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny