From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Python 3 in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:54:45
1 On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > Where else in the tree could this concept be applied?
3
4 I think php5 was first handled this way? Maybe apache2?
5 dev-python/jinja2, for sure.
6
7 > I would prefer to avoid going through the EAPI process if it is just
8 > going to be used for python. And even then, I'm not really excited
9 > about the prospect of explaining it.
10
11 Nor am I, really. And may be we should pursue your idea at the same
12 time. But I think it would sure be nice if we can prevent painting
13 ourselves into a similar corner a few years down the road.
14
15 > A solution that works within the confines of the current EAPI spec
16 > should be greatly preferred.
17
18 So do you know how many ebuilds we'd have to update to get it right?
19
20 Cheers,
21
22 Dirkjan