From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o, python@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Re: [distutils-r1] Improvements to parallel builds
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 17:41:01
1 On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 12:28:37 -0500
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > 2) create split logs for each implementation
7 > >
8 > > Aside to the usual soup on stdout, the eclass writes separate build logs
9 > > for each implementation to ${T}/build-${EPYTHON}.log.
10 > >
11 > > TODO: replace tee with an awesome use of multitail to display logs
12 > > of currently running builds on split-screen.
15 > The split logs could be handy for developers.
16 >
17 > I had not considered the ugly bug reports that the multi-job build
18 > will generate. If that becomes a major problem, we might need to
19 > change the default to single-job, or produce some output to point
20 > users to the split logs.
21
22 It would be great if we had a more general solution here. I will ask
23 Zac if portage could point users to all *.log files in ${T}.
24
25 On the other hand, telling user to attach up to 8 logs feels a bit bad.
26 But I guess they'll just put them in a tarball.
29 Best regards,
30 Michał Górny