From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-python] [RFC] Creating Python project overlay
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:26:34
1 Hi all,
2 I'd like to propose that we create and maintain overlay for Python
3 project. As I envision it, it would mostly oriented towards the users
4 (read new developers). We could encourage people to push new version
5 bumps there, keep packages not-yet-ready for tree (alphas,betas,rc) etc.
6
7 Nice thing to do (already tested with Science overlay) is to have it
8 outside of distro infrastructure, on publicly available site like
9 github/bitbucket/<place you choice here>. It allows for reviewing quite
10 nicely, also enforces basic knowledge of forking, merging working with
11 PRs etc.
12
13 Cheers,
14 Kacper