From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o, python@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] How to migrate to the new scheme of Python scripts?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:49:39
1 Dnia 2013-09-12, o godz. 10:20:18
2 Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > You could make sure that python-exec:2 is marked ~arch and in the
5 > eclass check the version installed and switch according to that. For
6 > stable users everything will stay the same, and for ~arch users all new
7 > installs/upgrades will be switched to the new system. This will even
8 > work if we want to mask it for a bit, so developers can test before
9 > letting it into ~arch.
10
11 Well, as I said on IRC, that sounds like a wonderful idea, thanks.
12
13 Just that most of it will require EAPI 5 for := dep on python-exec. For
14 EAPI 4 packages (namely: snakeoil), we can just use python-exec:0 for
15 now and switch at a later time.
16
17 Remaining case is how to handle the packages which rely on specific
18 kind of wrapping. I guess we can make them explicitly pull in
19 python-exec:0, plus add some switch to control the used version
20 or use EAPI=4 for them.
21
22 I will try to implement that on yet another branch of my
23 gx86-working-tree.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny