From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] Devmanual status
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:54:20
On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 14:11:46 +0100
Torsten Veller <tove@g.o> wrote:

> Hello, > > so what's going on with the devmanual? > > Current situation AFAIK: > After the repo has been moved to Gentoo hardware, > Stephen Bennett (spb) and Christel Dahlskjaer (christel) and the > Council members have write permission and every dev can check it out > with: `svn co svn+ssh://devname@××××××××××.org/var/svnroot/devmanual`
That's about it. For the moment, anyone else will have to push updates through one of the above. Other QA members can request commit access if they're going to be doing significant work on it.
> With the new bugzilla we will also get a devmanual component in the > "Doc Other" product. New bugs will be assigned to qa@g.o.
So I'm told, yes.
> Currently devmanual's project page is outdated: > <> > But I don't know what should be added there.
Ouch, yes. I'll update that; thanks for pointing it out.
> The future: > - moving to guide-xml?
I'd rather not, personally. I won't rule it out though, if someone presents a convincing argument.
> - moving to rst?
This would be preferable from my point of view -- it's much nicer to work with than the current XML.