From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.2 planning
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 08:20:28
1 On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 04:30:11PM -0400, John Davis wrote:
2 > I would like to do that, but the universal LiveCD would have to be
3 > rebuilt and re-uploaded, and they are around 700MB a piece. Perhaps we
4 > could figure out an easier way to do this so that we can save infra some
5 > mirror space. The alternative is that we could drop the "networkless"
6 > install and just keep the minimal LiveCD which just boots the machine
7 > and contains no stages or distfiles.
8
9 This would result in several complaints by many users. A networkless
10 installation is imho frequently used (also because it's tied closely with
11 GRP installations which are quite popular).
12
13 One possibility (which I rather not advocate because I see more
14 disadvantages than advantages) is to have the user build their own
15 installation media.
16
17 Perhaps most confusion here is because we (well, at least "I") don't know how
18 many resources are put in all the individual subtasks of a release?
19
20 Wkr,
21 Sven Vermeulen
24 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.