From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.2 planning
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 20:30:22
1 On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 16:04, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 >
3 > Maybe the livecd could be partially updated: new stages and GRP packages, but
4 > the other parts the same. This would stop most bugs.
5 >
6 > Paul
7
8 Paul -
9 I would like to do that, but the universal LiveCD would have to be
10 rebuilt and re-uploaded, and they are around 700MB a piece. Perhaps we
11 could figure out an easier way to do this so that we can save infra some
12 mirror space. The alternative is that we could drop the "networkless"
13 install and just keep the minimal LiveCD which just boots the machine
14 and contains no stages or distfiles.
15
16 Cheers,
17 //zhen