From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
Cc: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>, gentoo-releng@l.g.o, John Davis <zhen@g.o>, Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 04:36:46
On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 23:39, Daniel Robbins wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 10:34, Martin Schlemmer wrote: > > So I do propose that catalyst rather install by > > itself, as it will: > > 1) Not need a remerge > > 2) Keep seperate, so future fixes will not need > > a baselayout bump, but just an catalyst one. > > OK, let's support a USE="livecd" but *only* for baselayout at this point > (don't want it to be used for other ebuilds for 2004.0.) If > USE="livecd", then gets installed. And you can add a > "[ -f ] && source" conditional. > > Will that work for everyone? Please? :) >
Yep. Sorry, but I am just anti-bloat in baselayout =) Brad do have a point though - can catalyst remerge baselayout? Or can it rather install I am not sure about the 'hack' level that will be (as Brad keeps calling it), but then I have not had a chance to look at catalyst as of yet. -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>