From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] 2004.3 ChangeLog! (was: 2004.3 infra request. respond or die)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:23:49
1 On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 01:49 +0200, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2 > I'll follow up with a release changelog as soon as the last component
3 > is online.
4
5 There is a release ChangeLog for 2004.3 at
6 gentoo/xml/htdocs/releng/release/2004.3/ChangeLog that is in
7 "echangelog" format. I have been using it to note closed bugs, which is
8 why I have not been adding arch-specific information. The plan is to
9 put all the bugs in there that we have resolved, then add the
10 arch-specific ChangeLog information that we want the users to see at the
11 top of the file. Essentially is would end up being an arch-by-arch
12 overview of the changes since 2004.2, then below a detailed list of all
13 the bugs closed.
14
15 Everybody should go check it out.
16
17 This doesn't mean we don't want you to do your changelog, quite the
18 contrary. An arch-specific ChangeLog is definitely encouraged for all
19 arches. I just wanted to remind everyone that we're planning on having
20 a *release* changelog which should show all changes across all arches
21 for this release.
24 Chris Gianelloni
25 Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
26 Games - Developer
27 Gentoo Linux