From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.2 planning
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 04:29:35
1 Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
2
3 > Warpzero and I have been discussing a GLEP to integrate kernel building
4 > support into portage instead of gentoo. Please don't flame me yet, I've
5 > been trying to get a hold of pfeifer and plasmaroo to discuss it with
6 > them (if you guys read this, let me know). Nothing is formal yet, I'm
7 > just working on the details and when something is more formal, we'll
8 > post it. (BTW, integrating kernel building into portage is a HUGE asset
9 > to the GentooInstaller team).
10 >
11 > Nathaniel
12
13 This sounds interesting. I'm making a guess here, but would this entail
14 doing something like extending one of the existing kernel.eclasses to
15 incorporate appropriate kernel building/installing functions? Users can
16 store kernel configs in some dir in /etc, which get used by the eclass?
19 --Kumba
22 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
23 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
24 elsewhere." --Elrond
27 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list