From: Nathaniel McCallum <npmccallum@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.2 planning
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 02:09:26
1 On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 22:05 +0200, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
2 > Genkernel works ok for catalyst. But the initrd complicates things for
3 > users just trying to build a working kernel for a new install.
4
5 Warpzero and I have been discussing a GLEP to integrate kernel building
6 support into portage instead of gentoo. Please don't flame me yet, I've
7 been trying to get a hold of pfeifer and plasmaroo to discuss it with
8 them (if you guys read this, let me know). Nothing is formal yet, I'm
9 just working on the details and when something is more formal, we'll
10 post it. (BTW, integrating kernel building into portage is a HUGE asset
11 to the GentooInstaller team).
12
13 Nathaniel
17 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list