From: Mike Rosset <schizoid29@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] request for spec files used for building gentoo-install livecd
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 07:48:27
1 Ted,
2
3 >My thought is that the Installer spec files are >probably useless without
4 > the
5 > >modified codebase and if they were released >then this would generate a
6 > flood of
7 > >distracting questions on the Installer list asking >for help on how to
8 > get them
9 > >to work.
12 Not completely atleast I could have a good basis of what packages will be on
13 the released gentoo-install cd. That is a good point about supporting the
14 actually
15 spec files, I my self wouldnt need it but I did mention that I could over
16 look the scripts for now.
19 >Anyway, I am also working on a LiveCD that has >capabilities that are
20 > similar to
21 > >the Installer but I have decided that the best way >to do this is to take
22 > a
23 > >slower approach, dig into the Catalyst source >code and try to fully
24 > understand
25 > >all of the pieced needed to achieve this.
26 >
27 > >If you are interested in using this approach too >we could move this
28 > discussion
29 > >over to the catalyst list and continue it there :-)
32 Personally, creating my own installer cd is not the problem. My issue is I'd
33 like to keep it conformed so that when the installer cd is released, I dont
34 have to drop all the work I did to essiensial create what already exists.
35 Basically I'm not a having a problem using Catalyst.
36
37 Regards,
38
39 Michael Rosset