From: Ted Kosan <tkosan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] request for spec files used for building gentoo-install livecd
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 06:50:34
1 Mike wrote:
2
3 > It was actually a simple request, I have decided to forgo ever getting this
4 > spec file any time soon. and will create my own. Which it sounds like I'll
5 > replace later anyways... seems pointless
6
7 Actually I think the request was more complex than it seemed on the surface :-)
10 Chris indicated that Catalyst had to be heavily modified in order to allow it
11 to build the Installer LiveCD which means that the spec files that were used
12 were probably only useful with the modified version.
13
14 My thought is that the Installer spec files are probably useless without the
15 modified codebase and if they were released then this would generate a flood of
16 distracting questions on the Installer list asking for help on how to get them
17 to work.
18
19 Anyway, I am also working on a LiveCD that has capabilities that are similar to
20 the Installer but I have decided that the best way to do this is to take a
21 slower approach, dig into the Catalyst source code and try to fully understand
22 all of the pieced needed to achieve this.
23
24 If you are interested in using this approach too we could move this discussion
25 over to the catalyst list and continue it there :-)
26
27 Ted
28 --
29 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list