From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo-Releng <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>, release@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] baselayout broken for livecds
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 04:15:31
On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 23:51, Daniel Robbins wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 12:45, Brad House wrote: > > I am going to still recommend that those people who need to build > > livecds make use of baselayout- that I had committed, > > as it is the only one I know of that has been tested and verified > > to work. > > Brad, have releng get any needed baselayout fixes to me, and I will roll > a new stable baselayout release for you (and commit baselayout cvs and > to the portage tree.) Please base your work on what is current in > baselayout cvs, and test your work on livecds and on normal Gentoo > systems. > > Martin, sorry to have to do this (I would much rather *not* have to do > this, as I have other stuff I could be doing,) but I don't see you > making any meaningful effort to work with these people. They have > repeatedly been making a very sincere effort to coordinate with you, and > they deserve much more than what they have been getting. >
Uhm, can we retract this statement? =) It took said people more than 24 hours to com back to about possible fixes me =) Anyhow, no bad feelings or whatever. I was dumb in the changes - check the ChangeLog for rc-scripts - and fixed it myself, so its not the last ones I sent beejay. Cheers, -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa