From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Workaround for stage1 failures introduced with portage-2.3.19-r1
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:19:48
1 On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 3:02 PM, Ben Kohler <bkohler@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Due to bug 645002 (and possibly others), our stage1 builds are making
3 > very odd choices on several || ( ) deps, and failing to resolve deps.
4 >
5 > One example failure log:
6 > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-releng-autobuilds/message/19e4086ee421a504c445edafc2e83d88
7 >
8 > This has been fixed in portage-2.3.20 but there is no indication yet
9 > of if or when this version is going to be stabilized. If the next
10 > portage stabilization is more than a couple of days out, I propose
11 > that we add a temporary mask to force portage to make the right
12 > decisions. Since catalyst now cleans our releng portage configs,
13 > there would be no visible signs of this workaround in the resulting
14 > stages.
15
16 I've been meaning to poke Zac about this issue - whether this was a
17 new failure or the new portage version was missing stable keywords.
18
19 > Proposed masks:
20 >
21 > releng/releases/weekly/portage/stages/package.mask/releng/portage-workarounds:
22 >
23 > dev-util/pkgconf
24 > sys-apps/paludis
25 > sys-fs/static-dev
28 > Thoughts?
29
30 I'd rather keyword the "fixed" portage version instead.
31
32 > -Ben