From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Workaround for stage1 failures introduced with portage-2.3.19-r1
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:36:04
1 On 30/01/18 16:19, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 3:02 PM, Ben Kohler <bkohler@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Due to bug 645002 (and possibly others), our stage1 builds are making
4 >> very odd choices on several || ( ) deps, and failing to resolve deps.
5 >>
6 >> One example failure log:
7 >> https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-releng-autobuilds/message/19e4086ee421a504c445edafc2e83d88
8 >>
9 >> This has been fixed in portage-2.3.20 but there is no indication yet
10 >> of if or when this version is going to be stabilized. If the next
11 >> portage stabilization is more than a couple of days out, I propose
12 >> that we add a temporary mask to force portage to make the right
13 >> decisions. Since catalyst now cleans our releng portage configs,
14 >> there would be no visible signs of this workaround in the resulting
15 >> stages.
16 > I've been meaning to poke Zac about this issue - whether this was a
17 > new failure or the new portage version was missing stable keywords.
18 Fixed in
19 https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/portage.git/commit/?id=e2134e9f72a86734552bb67e9414a017cfc4ea51