From: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 22:47:01
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > This should be a pretty decent start and give everyone an idea of what
3 > we would be looking for with these checklists. What things do you think
4 > need to be checked for and what information do you think we would need
5 > to properly diagnose any issues?
6
7 Well quite obvious questions but not mentioned in the e-mail:
8
9 - what installation method did you use? (manual/installer)
10 - if manual, did following the instructions exactly work, or were any
11 extra steps needed or some steps performed differently? any missing
12 information? also which optional parts you performed, which not (I guess
13 that might be about doc issues but still)
14 - if installer, what method (networkless/advanced), what settings
15 - if installer, did all work or failed, where, post the log?
16
17 VB