From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>, gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:28:16
don't have a clue what you mean by this statement
It is only applicable if you pass  cdroot  to your kernel.
If you're using a genkernel compiled kernel, that will
cause your system to not boot unless you're booting off a
cd.  And for advanced users who actually build their own
kernel, I think they'd be brighter than to try to do autologin
stuff by passing cdroot to the kernel.

Sorry, linux is not idiot-proof. This is a NON-ISSUE.

> Will there be a way to keep these of of hd installs. I don't think that > this > kind of functionality is good on hd installs. It makes it too easy to > create > an insecure system
-- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>