From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Meeting time
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 02:20:14
1 Hi,
2
3 My comments about the candidate release features:
6 -2.6 based system w/ udev
7
8 Every ppc livecd kernel is 2.6 based. udev is untested. No time to test
9 before release.
10
11 -better smp kernel support
12
13 The smp kernel on 2004.1/x86 is the only one that boots my virtual pc.
14 No problems on PPC. Please try not to generalize problems.
15
16 -boot time dmesg saving support (save it to a file, /root/dmesg
17 perhaps?)
18
19 You're not serious about "/root/dmesg", are you?
20
21 -manpages linked from the handbook (man2html?) or man in stage1
22
23 man on livecd: yes (man in stage1: no (no ufed in stage1 either)
24
25 -portage package that contains release spec files
26
27 emerge catalyst?
28
29 -DVD iso
30
31 Every user who sends me an empty DVDR gets one by regular email.
32
33 -X livecd
34
35 An experimental one is scheduled for 2004.2
36
37 -portage rewrite in C
38
39 This is without doubt the worlds worst candidate release feature
40 request list I've seen.
43 Best regards,
44
45 Pieter Van den Abeele