From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] samba on the livecds
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:01:49
1 On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 13:43, John Davis wrote:
2 > And don't forget backups too - many people use our LiveCDs as rescue
3 > CDs.
4
5 Like I said, I like the idea of a "jumbo" CD. A CD with all the
6 "extras" that can be used for just about anything.
7
8 > Regardless, a solution needs to be found that satisfies our space
9 > requirements (25 MB is way too big) and offers us the functionality that
10 > we need. Chris (and others) mentioned a stripped down smbclient package.
11 > Can we add a livecd USEflag to the samba ebuild and go from there?
12
13 I would prefer to use the samba USE flag instead with livecd-tools. The
14 reason is that we don't have to touch someone else's work, and I think
15 it would require a good bit of hacking to modify the samba ebuild to do
16 what we want, rather than to modify a package we fully control.
19 Chris Gianelloni
20 Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer
21 Gentoo Linux
22
23 Is your power animal a penguin?