From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Using cdrkit instead of cdrtools
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:10:19
1 Hi,
2
3 you might have followed the discussion about cdrtools'
4 license change back in last summer. In order to avoid any
5 conflicts I suggest we should switch to app-cdr/cdrkit, the
6 GPLed version of CD/DVD recording tools.
7
8 cdrkit is fully compatible to cdrtools and provides
9 virtual/cdrtools. Every application with CD/DVD writing
10 capabilities has been tested and some are patched now. Most
11 arches already contain a stabled 1.0 version of cdrkit. My
12 tests with ppc32-release-building and using cdrkit were
13 successful.
14
15 So I ask to switch to cdrkit, if there are no objections?
16
17 Regards, Lars
20 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
21 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Strategical Lead and Release Engineer
22 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator