From: Alex Howells <astinus@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-releng] 2005.1 "pre-release"
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 16:40:10
1 I think the concept is pretty neat and would make the final release proceed
2 with a bit more dignity, a few less bugs, and lots less ohShits<TM>. What's
3 the date for bringing the new hardware (AMD) into commission, if it's soon,
4 would it be worth building the pre-release on there too? Test the new stuff?
5
6 Alex
7
8 -----Original Message-----
9 From: Chris Gianelloni [mailto:wolf31o2@g.o]
10 Sent: 16 May 2005 14:47
11 To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
12 Subject: [gentoo-releng] 2005.1 "pre-release"
13
14 So I was thinking the other day... yeah, I know... me thinking... what's
15 the world coming to anyway? Back on topic... heh... So I was thinking
16 the other day that it would be a good idea for us to prepare a 2005.1
17 "pre-release" of sorts. I was thinking that we decide on a snapshot
18 date, say sometime next week, then we make a snapshot and build a full
19 release from it. This should help iron out any issues we will have with
20 the release. This pre-release will also be something that we can allow
21 limited access to for user testing.
22
23 So what does everybody think?
26 Chris Gianelloni