From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: ppc64@g.o, ppc@g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: ppc outlines for the release
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 07:18:02
1 * Daniel Ostrow <dostrow@g.o> [05/07/06 02:19 -0400]:
2 > The new profiles are in and all under
3 > default-linux/ppc/2005.1/{ppc,ppc64}. Check them out while they are
4 > still hot.
5
6 Cool, thanks!
7
8 [...]
9 > considering making something as popular as the G5 stages multilib only,
10 > chances are that there will be both 32 and 64-bit userland releases.
11
12 Good. That means I don't need a G5-32bit-Kernel, as this
13 processor will be provided by the ppc64-team completely.
14
15 > Regarding ppc32 I see the following as a good target:
16 >
17 > Generic ppc32 stage1
18 > Generic ppc32 stage2
19 > G4 stage2
20 > Generic ppc32 stage3
21 > G4 stage3
22 > Pegasos stage3
23
24 I'm fine with that. Pegasos has only changes in the virtual
25 and packages. That means, it is usually the same like G4,
26 but without some Applec-specific stuff.
27
28 Regards, Lars
31 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
32 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Developer and Release Engineer
33 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator
34 Gentoo Foundation : Trustee