From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: Call for future requests for 2008.0
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:50:32
OK guys... There's no need to mention anything that's fixed in the tree

We're only interested in things that are *not* fixed.

A release is a snapshot of the tree.  If it works in the tree when we
make the snapshot, it'll work on the release.

While knowing about hardware that did not work in 2007.0 is helpful, it
is best filed as a bug report, so we don't forget to check it when
2008.0 rolls around.  Also, that way we can track it.

So, if your issue is hardware, please file a bug report.

On Sat, 2008-01-26 at 13:17 -0500, Ryan Fantus wrote:
> It would be nice to see some of Apple's new intel hardware covered on > an installation LiveCD. The one thing I'm referring to is the > following. I'll just C/P from > to show you what I'm > talking about. It's on the newer MacBooks, the ones manufactured > after Nov 2007. There is a networking problem that causes one to have > to install via a Ubuntu livecd, which is definately not a preferred > installation method. It is as follows: > > Only on NEW Macbooks manufactured after Nov 2007 > The newer Models include a Marvell Network Controller that seems to be > not supported by the Kernel. (See lspci section for more info) Goto > [1], download the driver and follow the README to get it working. > Note: Support for the network card has been added in the 2.6.23-R3 > Kernel. Just build 'SysKonnect Yukon2' into the kernel and all is > well. > > It is not possible to install to a MacBook with the Minimal CD, which > would be preferred. Thanks.
-- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Games Developer