From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o, livewire@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for developers for livecds / catalyst
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 04:47:05
> A lot of this can probably be corrected by looking at what the current > livecd-ng script does that the runscript does not yet do. For example, > there is a tweak to set the location for the initscript state to /var, > which may fix this.
Yep, but the old livecd script is extremely hackish, and I believe it even copied it's own rc script out of an aux-files directory. We cannot do that with this version. Baselayout must be modded to be functional. It also required a mingetty compiled and put in aux-files which we don't want to do either. I really hesitate to tell people to look at it because we do not want to fall into the very things were are wanting to avoid. None of this is really complex, it's just difficult since it's on CD's, and having to create ISOs and burn cds is really really time consuming, and every little typo will kill you. Anyhow, still looking for people .... -Brad -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for developers for livecds / catalyst Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>