From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Cc: tantive@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Meeting summary
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:07:26
On 09 Dec 2003, at 05:36, John Davis wrote:

> Hi all: > A summary of the topics discussed as the meeting is as follows (also > see > the attached meeting log): > > 1. All livecd scripts are to be integrated into catalyst. *Please check > your code into cvs (gentoo/src) ASAP so that we can audit it and get to > work on adding it into catalyst*.
I hope to commit the latest ppc livecd code today.
> As soon as all code is in CVS, we will > start on creating a unified livecd script. Livewire and pvdabeel, you > will be in charge of this initiative.
A unified livecd script or integrating livecd support into catalyst?
> 2. genkernel and catalyst are going to be integrated into one tool. > brad_mssw, please check your code into CVS so that we can start the > same > process on it as we are going to do on livecds. You had mentioned > testing your genkernel code before integration. Make it so - please get > a hold of the arch leads ASAP and get your code to them.
brad_mssw: For ppc, please contact trance for having genkernel tested, his kernel related knowledge is more advanced than mine.
> Release ETAs: > - -DEC 31 IS THE FINAL DUE DATE. After this date, catalyst will be > frozen, > whether or not your code is ready. When 2004.0 is released, it will be > built with catalyst (livecds and stages) as voted upon by the managers, > and we *need* to release a stable version of catalyst (in portage) > along > with 2004.0. 2004.0 will not release until we do so.
Is dec 31 the final due date for integrating the livecd code or for making sure livecd building is stable? The first might be doable, I think a realistic eta for -tested- ppc livecd support would be 15th of january, taking into account holidays, christmas, newyear, exams, ... That is of course if I have to do everything myself.