From: "François Bissey" <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sage on gentoo -- only use system atlas
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:17:51
1 On 2013-08-23 03:36, Sébastien Fabbro wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM, P Purkayastha <ppurka@×××××.com>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 >> Actually I do have those libraries. Only missing one is liblapack.*.
6 >> It is
7 >> probably one of the similarly named libraries, except I don't know
8 >> which. I
9 >> don't want to find out by hit and trial given how finicky atlas is.
12 > If you installed atlas with gentoo, you can see which library is
13 > lapack with the atlas-lapack and atlas-lapack-threads pkg-config
14 > files.
15 > To avoid collision with lapack and cblas, the libcblas and liblapack
16 > were renamed to libatlcblas and libatllapack. All the other libraries
17 > kept their original names.
18 >
19 The existence of the links he mentioned makes me think he has left over
20 from the old virtual from the main tree.
21
22 Francois