From: Thomas Kahle <tom111@×××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] RFC sci-mathematics/axiom
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 12:31:35
1 Hi,
2
3 On 21:14 Sun 26 Sep , François Bissey wrote:
4 > > What is a proper course of action here? Should we last-rite it or at
5 > > least package.mask it to see what upstream does about their dead lisp
6 > > compiler ?
7 > >
8 > Hi Thomas,
9 >
10 > Have you tried to contact upstream (Tim Daly) to see if being packaged in
11 > a distro is something they are interested in.
12 > I personally would last rite it and possibly revisit the situation every so
13 > often. If it doesn't even build I am not sure there is a point in keeping it
14 > in the tree.
15
16 I will do that, for now axiom is pmasked in the science overlay because
17 I caused some irritation when users tried to downgrade their gmp to get
18 axiom... :(
19
20 Cheers,
21 Thomas