From: Alessandro Yoshi Polliotti <polliotti@××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] MPI and multicore + lib question
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:47:37
1 I hope I'm not asking anything too obvious but I wasn't able to find relevant
2 information online.
3
4 I have installed apbs enabling mpi, it works but it detects only one cpu in my
5 core duo system. Strictly speaking it's correct, but not quite what I
6 expected. I would like to know more about this behaviour, is it due to my
7 misconfiguration of apbs, mpi, kernel or other factors?
8
9 Besides this, trying to make apbs detect my two cores I tried also mpich2 and
10 lam-mpi as mpi implementations. Using both of them and recompiling maloc apbs
11 will complain that maloc has not been compiled with mpi support, and will
12 keep mpi out of the build process. maloc however doesn't print any warning.
13
14 Thanks in advance
17 "Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will
18 always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those
19 who will listen, the annunciation of truth."
20 V for Vendetta
21 --
22 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list